[3830] CaQP W6PH SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 3 20:36:14 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SO HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA

  160:    23    10
   80:   164    12
   40:   287   161
   20:   355   227
   15:   313   247
   10:   195   170
--------------------
Total:  1337   827  Mults = 58  Total Score = 328,570

Club: Bishop ARC

Comments:

SO1R K3S Expert 1.3K
Ant 20-10 A3S at 40 feet, 40- at CD at 60 feet, Slopers
DXLog

I was sort of strong armed into operating this CQP by Dean because there was no
CW activity planned for my Inyo County. With the help of my neighbor kid on
Friday morning we raised the 40-2CD and 3el 20m yagi on two AB-577's.
Unfortunately the 20m yagi developed intermittent reception and was unusable.  I
resorted to my 40 ft high A3S for 20 through 10.  This antenna is directly above
my shack and I had to keep the power at 500 watts on CW to keep my logging
computer from locking the key.  The lower power did not seem to be detrimental.
I was able to use 1200 watts on SSB.

The 58 multipliers came easily.  I had three NT's and three ND's.  My last mult
was Oregon.  There was always someone to work.  On many occasions on SSB I had
to explain the CQP to callers and hence a lot of number 1's.  It was a great
ride.

At age 80 I wonder how many more of these 24 hour BIC's I have left.

73, Kurt W6PH Lone Pine CA