[3830] CaQP N6GO SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 4 01:00:51 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: N6GO
Operator(s): N6GO
Station: N6GO

Class: SO HP
QTH: ORAN

  160:
   80:   77     23
   40:  126     39
   20:  227      4
   15:  213    175
   10:  158     73
--------------------

Club: Orange County ARC

Comments:

My previous personal best was 940 Qs in 2014, and I was out to beat it.
Conditions were near optimal, and allowed me to break my personal record.

I could not get anything going on 20 SSB due to a 5:1 SWR.  Even with a tuner
and 100W, I could not get a run going.  My amp doesn't work well on 10m because
I think a slug needs tuning.  I discovered my erratic 80m dipole was working
during CQ WW RTTY, and it worked well for CQP.  Also have rotor problems which
really isnt a problem with it parked at 60 deg,

Was great to work people I know out there and say hi.  Very fun to be called by
EU stations like OM2VL and i4VEQ. Was fun to post to the scoreboard and watch it
during the contest.  Very motivating!

Thanks to the sponsors for a great event!  I really enjoyed it!
73
Tim N6GP
Rig Kenwood TS-590SG
Amp Ameritron AL-811H