[3830] 432FallSprnt AJ6T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 7 13:49:36 EDT 2022

                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM66gm
Operating Time (hrs): 3:00

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

When I fired up my Windows10 computer and WSJT-X at the start of the sprint the
sound card was "not found."  Some brief troubleshooting did not
resolve the problem so I decided to operate only CW.  I managed to complete two
QSOs with NV4B/R (EM64cl 142 miles) and AG4V (EM55ad 170 miles).  Attempts were
made with other stations via liaison on ON4KST but nothing was heard either way,
so I don't think the lack of FT8 was very significant.  Conditions were flat and
activity was low but I still had fun operating old-school in this contest.
Rig: FT857D, TE amp at 100 watts, 21 element M2 Yagi on push-up pole
Thanks to the Southeastern VHF Society for sponsoring the fall sprints.  Now we
just need more activity.  Perhaps some announcements prior to the sprints by
well equipped stations would promote activity.
73, Walt AJ6T EM66gm