[3830] Oceania CW K1GQ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 9 10:13:21 EDT 2022

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1GQ
Operator(s): K1GQ
Station: K1GQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

  160:    0     0
   80:    6     6
Total:  119    87  Total Score = 31,755

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

SkookumLogger; K4 + KPA1500; 12-el tribander, 2-el 40, wires, all about 60ft up;
W1FV 9-circle RX array.

I always try to participate in OC CW, having grown found of this contest during
my years at KH6RS in the 1970s.

>From here in New Hampshire, the available QSO count is limited, especially with
the path to most of YB over the pole. I had quite a few 30-minute intervals
where I was at the radio and didn’t work anyone. I did not CQ, because my
suburban QTH is too noisy for accurately copying weak callers.

As an experiment, I set up my DX Cluster connection to deliverer all spots for
OC with no sanity testing. That kept me amused mentally filtering busted skimmer
spots. I wonder how many of them, like KH6A, made it into other’s logs. I
duped VK2W (sorry!), when my “filter” failed me.

Nothing heard on 160. Four of my six 80m QSOs (AH6KO, KH7M, VL2N, ZM1A) were
five banders. 31 different prefixes.