[3830] Oceania CW N9TF SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 9 16:47:51 EDT 2022

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 2 hour

   40:   7      7
   20:   4      4
   15:   4      3
   10:   5      5
-------------------
Total:  20     19  Total Score = 1,178

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Rough go...Felt like I was in many mini DXpeditions. Not a lot of stations to
choose from and the pileups most of the time were thick enough to cut with a
knife. Thank goodness there were a few HI stations on that was a bit of an
easier chip shot than some others. AH6KO was a CQ machine with great ears. Got
him on 4 bands. It felt really good to be able to crack through the pileup on
5W1SA around 21:00 UTC Saturday on 10m. Moving the VFO down lower to his made
the difference.
Felt like a spectator many times listening to JAs and EU work the OCEANIA guys,
when I was able to hear them well enough to work em if the freq was quiet!!
Still had fun pushing the limits on the station in this one. Some VK/ZL/KH6 and
5W in the log.

Thanks for all the Qs and the great ears to pick this puny signal out of the
noise.

73 Gene N9TF
100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted.