[3830] CaQP VA7RR SO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 10 13:32:51 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: SO LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:
   80:   38     15
--------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to go low power this time out.

No doubt about it, twenty meters was very good this year, and was open from here
in BC to the entire state for quite a few daylight hours.

As expected, my 10 and 15 meter numbers were essentially nil due to being too
close to California and off the side of everyone's beams.

What I didn't expect was 160 being completely closed (for me at least) for the
05Z run - no CA stations were heard.  As well 40 meters was closed to California
for 4-5 hours both Saturday and Sunday during daylight hours.  Normally I can
log stations on 40 throughout the day - not so this time out.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
Gary
VA7RR