[3830] PaQP K0BAK/R Rover Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 10 23:34:52 EDT 2022

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2022

Call: K0BAK/R
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK

Class: Rover Single Op LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:          18
   40:         463
   20:          41
--------------------
Total:   0     522  Mults = 110  Total Score = 63,220

Barely got on the air in a new vehicle, new amplifier, new battery, and a new
antenna configuration. I was still debugging the station and planning my rove on
Friday; I had not made an on-air contact with the station before I drove 3 hours
to the rove start. Definitely not my personality to wing it, but my wife
encouraged me to try and to just enjoy the weekend without pressuring myself
into max effort. Since I hadn't even tested the station, I was astonished that
everything worked, and I think I did better in-state by leaning my screwdriver
antenna back and using two 50-foot "radials". Drove a little less than
500 miles and activated 10 counties. If i hadn't also activated isolated game
lands for POTA, I might have stumbled into a competitive score. I'm happy i got
to rove again in the PAQP with a station that surprised me in a positive way.
Thanks to all the volunteers who make this great contest possible.