[3830] IlQP K9CT Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 17 14:03:00 EDT 2022

                    Illinois QSO Party - 2022

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: Peoria
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

  160:      9        0
   80:    123        0
   40:    179      172
   20:    153      227
   15:     12       53
   10:     10       76
    6:      0        0
    2:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    486      528  Mults = 136  Total Score = 203,864

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Now that was fun! Conditions were not as good as they could be but we are all
under the same opportunities.

10m had some good moments as there were many SSB stations to work but few CW.
15m was similar. I am not sure too many IL stations wandered up there and that
probably explained the CW activity. 40 and 20 were the workhorse bands for the
QSO party. Mobiles could be heard on both quite easily and they moved back and
forth. Back scatter was very good and lots of nearby stations were logged on
20m. 40m opened with good local propagation and quiet conditions stretching out
as the day waned. 80m was tried with three hours to go but still was too early
for most activity which picked up in the last couple of hours. Called CQ on 160
and had a few responses in the last hour.

Huge thanks to the mobiles and portable stations! This would be a completely
different and not as much fun contest without you. Mobile stations of note were
N9JF, KJ9C, AD4EB, KY0Q and K9LY. AD4EB for 23, KJ9C for 12 and N9JF for 6 were
very important for multipliers. I should have followed more closely as I missed
several counties and would have increased the score more. It is a balance
between running and tracking the mobiles! Watching two bands is very important
to make that happen.

I think that last year there might have been more CW activity as the running was
not as robust this year. Again balancing between CW and SSB and keeping the
point total as high as possible for time spent is important.

KG9N was worked on 5 bands but missing 15m! Those were just lucky QSOs...nothing
said between us. Lots of DX worked with some nice surprises on 10m while
running. Can you believe a Swedish station 2130Z on SSB? Got to love 10m.

See you in the next contest! Thanks for the QSOs and fun

73, Craig K9CT