[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K9JK/R Rover QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 19 20:39:27 EDT 2022

                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: IL-EN61av,EN51xr

Total:  QSOs = 6  Total Score = 994

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

10 GHz only in this Sprint for me. Thanks to K9PW for the continued loan of his
previous generation 10 GHz transverter and dish (which Pete has set up for my
FT-817 as the IF radio).

Only visited two locations, a parking garage in a nearby suburb (where,
unfortunately, access to the top level is no longer allowed but it's still a
'mountain' in the urban/suburban landscape of Chicagoland) and a Scenic Overlook
(that was formerly a landfill).

Three QSOs completed from each location, six total, to 4 different callsigns.
W8BYA was contacted from both locations I visited, my longest paths for this
Sprint (over half of my total score). Gedas was strong enough on CW from my
second location, that we tried SSB and were able to copy each other, even though
it was a dupe for the contest. Ron, W9ZIH, was his usual STRONG signal at 72 and
76 km and we actually carried on an SSB 'rag-chew' after our two QSOs. N9LB and
W9SZ/R were the other two stations with whom I completed QSOs (both on CW).

I used the ARRL's Grid Distance Calculator (
https://contest-clubs.arrl.org/griddistancecalc.php ) and selected the
"points (ARRL: km, always round up)" as Measurement Units for my
distance figures between Grid-6 locators.

Again and as always, thanks to all who were active in this Sprint, to the SVHFS
for their continued sponsorship of the Fall VHF & Up Sprint series and to
Bruce, NT4RT, for doing the heavy lifting as the 'worker bee' for these events.

73, JK