[3830] TBDC WQ6X(@WA6TQT) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 23 15:29:36 EDT 2022

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WA6TQT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 8:34
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 228  Total Score = 1,076

This was another WQ6X ad-HOC remote run from WA6TQT's AWEsome QTH.
I ran the K3 into an EXPERT-1.5k amp feeding into a 2-Square array
(a 3-Square array with a defective S-E leg).

Considering that the upper bands were deluged with remnants of a NASTY
Solar Storm, we played in a rather quiet "basement"; not much noise,
but LoTs of fading.
Calls from P40L and ZF2MZ were certainly a treat.  Only 1 JA made it to
the log, leaving the burning question: where was KH6?  Nothing was heard
from the Pacific and there were no SPOTs to unfairly tempt me.

Overall, the GiG was LoTs of fun.
I'll see y'all in December.
LooK for a Blog on this soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com