[3830] YBDXPI FT8 K3MM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 24 00:36:55 EDT 2022

                    YBDXPI FT8 Contest - 2022

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 28
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   10      10         3
   80:  135     112        44
   40:  227     191        68
   20:  200     157        67
   15:  382     277        79
   10:  248     184        67
---------------------------------
Total: 1202     931       328  Total Score = 1,581,304

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Operated about half-time, mostly Sunday. The way this contest is scored, There
is pretty close to a 1:1 ratio between Q's and mults, since just about everyone
you work will be a new prefix per band , with a sprinkling of Country mults  per
band.    From the other side of the world, where 2 and 5 point YB QSOs are the
exception rather than the rule, it was balanced out by zero point same country
QSOs.  But in reality, almost every QSO is worth at least a prefix point.  With
modest to no activity in the contest windows, I decided I'd concentrate on
seeing how many countries I could work, somewhat to the detriment of the final
score, with most of the time spent in the conventional windows in conventional
mode.  It's fairly obvious that the winning strategy would be just make as many
total Q's as possible for as long as possible and the rest will fall into your
lap.

After hearing favorable reports, I decided to try WSJTx version 2.6 rc4 rather
than my usual 2.5.4 public version.  That lasted less than an hour as the EW2
instance in N1MM just disappeared,  locked up some processes, which required a
reboot.  I may have missed something in the setup, but it also seemed to require
 sending a 73 message at the end of every QSO....even in contest mode.

Overall conditions were good with 10 meters opening quite early. I missed some
of the early morning openings, but worked 36 YB QSOs...one on 10 meters!

73, Ty K3MM