[3830] YBDXPI FT8 AB1J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 25 14:41:44 EDT 2022

                    YBDXPI FT8 Contest - 2022

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   31      27        19
   20:   58      49        26
   15:   78      59        27
   10:   17      16         8
---------------------------------
Total:  184     151        80  Total Score = 42,504

Some things about this contest I wish were different:

- Points for working your own country. This would boost participation.

- Some kind of distance scoring instead of country mults. Contact points could
still be set to favor YB stations. Prefix mults are fine although might not be
the correct thing to combine with distance scoring.

- Include a low power category. Or a 100w limit.

- 24 hours, not 48

I had a good time but considered it as FT8 practice. It's always instructive to
see how many rejects I get in eQSL. I've gotten 87 eQSLs for the contest with
four rejections. I looked them up in the contest ALL.TXT file and all were
incomplete and correctly NOT logged. I don't know how many times I was NILed by
someone else.

It would also be nice to get an LCR.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
WSJT-Z
N1MM Logger+
Attic dipoles on 20m, 15m & 10m
Outdoor 66' stealth wire on 40m, Dentron manual tuner and indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog