[3830] NCCC Sprint NF8M LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 27 23:05:29 EDT 2022

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 28

Call: NF8M
Operator(s): NF8M
Station: NF8M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30
Remote Operation

   80:  12     11
   40:  10      9
   20:   1      1
Total:  23     21  Total Score = 483

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Almost didn't make it on - first time doing the Thursday sprint remotely and
there was apparently a serial comms failure between the rig and the N1MM
computer back in the shack. However, the USB connection to the Linux computer
was operational, so I figured out the socat commands to forward the USB serial
port to the Windows N1MM computer over TCP (thanks N1MM team for providing that
capability). Got it working a few minutes before the sprint started and all went
well, more or less, other than not being able to turn the big knob in person. My
score is usually near the bottom anyway so that didn't seem to be a big deal. I
suspect the serial cable got knocked out of place when I was doing some other
cable work in the station last weekend.