[3830] CQWW SSB ZF2AA(VE9AA) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 20:25:56 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: ZF2AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Caymans
Operating Time (hrs): 39:01

  160:   65     5        6
   80:  202    11       30
   40:  600    16       51
   20: 1261    30       70
   15: 1873    24       79
   10: 2380    22       73

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

First, my sincere thanks to Stan, K5GO (ZF9CW) for allowing me access to his
great station in the Caymans. Sure is warm here compared to NB (for those that
asked if I was remote or in person.  I am boots on the ground.)

I was 1 radio, unconnected, so I mostly ran, just to have fun.  I was not
connected to any telnet this w/e, so first 24hrs count as classic and I recall
around 2.75M pts.

Fiona played havoc with the RX array, so low band Q's are way down from what
this station is capable of.  I am spoiled with a low S/N ratio on the low bands
in NB.  Sure is a lot more QRN in the Carib !

I spent only a little time when changing bands to scour for mults, but purpose
of trip was fun, not score, so my mults are low ! *(best mult I think was 5W1SA
with about 30seconds to go. WOW!)

What can I say?  I normally type a book but will spare you all the details.
Suffice to say, great support from Stan and I appreciate it a lot.  Being the DX
in a contest was a new experience for me.  Been DX before, but never in a
contest.

73 es CU (all of sudden!) in the next one.