[3830] CQWW SSB K3WJV SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 01:55:53 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: EPA

  160:   15     4        5
   80:  110    12       43
   40:  118    20       56
   20:  308    33       97
   15:  353    30      102
   10:  479    28      109

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Isn't it great to actually have all 6 bands to really do what we do in a
contest?  Condx last year were just a preview of what we had available this
weekend. I had a better score with less hours than last year.  One 19 minute run
of 28 Q's compared to a 7 minute run of 11 Q's last year so really all s&p.
Operating time was shared with trying to watch both Phillies world series games
plus sorta listen to the Eagles game on Sunday while watching highlights on
RedZone as the game wasn't televised.

But it was pretty enjoyable working dxcc on both 10 & 15.  I've never broken
the 100 countries total since I've been keeping track in 2015 and I did it on
two bands while working some juicy stuff.  My station has no real tower or
aluminum.  Not bad for a hexbeam on a slip up mast at 30ft with a few low inv
vees.  Broke some Asian pileups and was able to hear fairly decently on some.  A
fun weekend even though it was phone.  Please let me have the same condx (or
better?) for the cw weekend.  And will spend a lot more time running in that
mode.  I can't wait!

Nice to talk with some of the ops I bump into in the cw tests.  Very enjoyable
weekend with radio & sports combined.  I say it every year but I hope I can
improve my antennas for next year.  Btw - I didn't get the first pse copy until
almost the very end of the test and then I got a 2nd not long after.  Nice to
not hear that over used radio jargon when operating phone (I had one on cw just
once).

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

K4 & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
40m/80m/short 160(traps) Inv vees @ 40ft
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R(2 keyboard) >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
VA6AM triplexer with high power BPFs 10-20mtrs
N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger