[3830] CQWW SSB NH6O SO(A)AB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 04:53:04 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI

   40:   6      1        1
   20:   8      6        5
   15:  14      7        9
   10:  23     11       12
------------------------------
Total:  51     25       27  Total Score = 4,940

Park portable - Elecraft KX3, 31-ft end-fed suspended vertically in a tree.

0330-0430 Saturday, 0430-0515 Sunday, and 2230-2400 Sunday

This was mostly a token effort - SSB and QRP with basic antennas are not a good
mix.

The 10m opening late Sunday was nice. The band was open to the entire Pacific
Rim, and I succeeded in working a fair number of those stations.

Thought I'd try assisted class to have a bandmap of spots - but it was no
substitute for tuning the band to find the strong, potentially-workable signals.
I know I'll never be able to work 80% or more of the calls on a bandmap! I did
spot many stations I heard, because there were almost no spots originating from
Hawaii.

73 and Aloha,
Bob NH6O