[3830] CQWW SSB N8II SOSB10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 12:19:35 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 20:15

   10:  859    26      108

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

10 meters was only at it's best Sunday morning into EU but closed earlier than
in recent days (UK around 1830-1915Z not uncommon in past week). I heard zones 1
(only at the start),36, and 37 but not enough fire power to get through the
piles. From here conditions were never very open to the NW due to at least some
disturbance. I managed 3 JA QSO's right after 23Z Saturday the loudest being
JA8COE about S5. If they were busy running a pile up, they never never would
have heard me. Not a peep from Central Asia. Sunday, I managed to run stations
starting just after 12Z, but only had one 100+ hour with 130 Q's in the 13Z
hour. Both days were a similar pattern, with decent runs operating above 28600,
then moving up the band after I had lost run frequency to HP stations. Sunday,
my last EU run was above 28900 and activity was pretty solid from 28300 up to
29000 KHz, amazing activity! Conditions were excellent to all of EU Sunday after
nothing from NE or N EU at all on Saturday. I never heard zone 40 either which I
recall working last year on 10. One of the biggest surprises was 3 QSO's with
FK, New Caledonia Saturday starting 2244Z, also worked 5W1SA (heard many time
later) with a strong signal and 3D2AG who was not as loud as usual. VK8 was
worked at the start, never heard again. There was plenty of activity from
southern SA with signals not loud until late afternoon as the MUF dropped. The
Caribbean was rock solid as was Mexico with some really loud signals. FR4KR was
about 30db over 9
at 1830Z Saturday, simply amazing, but almost no company from southern AF.

So, overall far from the greatest WW conditions on 10, but one very good day
into EU. It is great to have 10 back to reliably open to EU. The Middle East was
pretty dominant on Saturday logging 4X, A4, A6, TA, and HZ with 4L and 9K added
Sunday. Thanks to all for the QSO's and calls. It was pretty obvious when I was
spotted, a big boost in the rate, thanks.

73, Jeff