[3830] CQWW SSB W3HKK SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 12:35:20 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: OH

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    5     3        3
   40:   35    14       25
   20:   56    16       35
   15:   38    14       22
   10:  449    26       92

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Built a home-brew Moxon for 10m a couple days ago  and was surprised how well
the rascal worked.  So I entered the ssb test  to primarily see how well it held
up  under contest conditions, as well as  test the new SS cycle propagation.

What a blast!  Mounted on a 16 ft ( 0.5 wavelength height) pvc mast on the back
patio, with an Armstrong rotator, I  gave it a good shot.  10m was  great to
everywhere but Asia and the deep Pacific, thought I did work a couple of JAs,
VKs and ZLs + 3D2 and 5W1.  ( + a very strong FR4 from Reunion)

EU sigs and the Middle East were   59+.  The S.A. boys were    weaker as a whole
but some hit 59 on the meter, and  the entire continent was heard well.  A
handful of  Africans added spice, and the Carrib was very well represented.  My
4 band contacts were: ZF1A TO5M PJ2T PA1H KP4AA J68HZ  along with ten more 3
banders.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 10m band which provided 77% of my contest qsos, and the
best contest propagation in years.   My light wt   home brew Moxon  showed it
could compete with the Big Boys!

See you on 10!

Bob W3HKK ( 80 yrs old, licensed since 1956,with the same call sign.) Plus a few
DX call signs as well:  F7AL - 5A3TG - 9G1GS - ON8UD - W3HKK/PY8 - W3HKK/PS7.