[3830] CQWW SSB DL6FBL SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 15:40:25 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DL6FBL

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 41
OpMode: SO2R

   20: 3691    40      158

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

412 QSOs less than last year (same category = 20m Single Band Assisted) tells a
story => two days of K=5 and K=4 at latitude=51.5 degrees makes your life
quite hard. The sunstorm not only destroyed lots of the DX signal strengths, but
also kept many European signals well under cover. On Sunday it became even more
difficult: new stations calling in were mostly at S0/ESP level. Without a clean
frequency you are lost and cannot work almost any of your callers... I asked
stations coming close to my TX frequency, if they could move a little farther
away => MANY THANKS to all stations who willingly agreed. At this point I can
just repeat what I said last year: When you are a Multi-Band station, 20 meters
is just a pass-through band for you. You have a good potential of callers with
loud signals that you can work easily in a short time, even on a frequency with
high QRM. But please understand the problems of Single Band and Multi/Multi
stations: They are on the band for the full 48 hours - and after having worked
all the loud stations, other new stations are coming in on S0/ESP level... Only
on a clear frequency you can survive and make new QSOs...

See you next month in CW.

73 Ben
DL6FBL