[3830] CQWW SSB W2MKM M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 16:02:07 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W2MKM
Operator(s): W2MKM W2NO WW2Y WA2VUY W2CG
Station: W2MKM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 34:54

  160:   18     4        5
   80:  157    14       51
   40:  203    24       77
   20:  906    35      114
   15: 1322    28      116
   10: 1060    24      101

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun and productive M/2 SSB effort with some of my FRC Bros ...

Thank You Dano(W2NO), Peter (WW2Y), Angel (WA2VUY) and Marty (W2CG), Well Done
Men!

We played hard, laughed harder, ate well thanks to my XYL Kelly, W2CG (Kielbasa
& Kraut), some of my Turkey Chili and miscellaneous and sundry snacks and
"Fat Pills" (aka Cider Donuts) ... and yes the fans in the shack were
on 24 x 7.

The station played quite well, Murphy stayed away, and the only real issue was
one of the Acom 2000As was not liking what it saw on 10M .. no big deal as we
simply made sure that Operating Position #2 was exclusively 10M.  I will look
into that more this week.

The team quickly remembered how to operate with ZERO knobs given this is a Flex
station but the primary interface is N1MM as it is for many.  And blessed to
have such a dedicated group of strong contest operators.

Still really impressed with the C3 XL/D we put up in January as our mult antenna
and that played really well on 10 especially, and 15 & 20M. And of course
the Luso with all of the aloom hanging on that was just great. Now
contemplating, what's next antenna wise ... WW2Y planted the seed for a 6
element 80M array in my front woods .. hmmmm

Lessons learned .. work harder on mults on Friday evening and Saturday, we
didn't miss too many but still more than we should have.

Great to see all of the FRC'ers in the pileups though we often had to wait for
FIZ, N3RS, K3PP, N2SR and others.

Looking forward to CQWW CW in a few weeks ... just might be another M/2 effort
.. just sayin'

73 Ed W2MKM (Mikey Kilo Mikey)