[3830] CQWW SSB NO9E SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 16:26:14 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NO9E
Operator(s): NO9E
Station: NO9E

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 27
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   10     4        7
   80:   99    13       46
   40:  150    25       66
   20:  339    32       86
   15:  626    31      110
   10: 1002    29      111

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Poor conditions on 160-80, OK on 40-20,and excellent on 15-10.

Using Flex 6600, 30m tower with stacked JK Mid Tri 40 JK Mid Tri, 4
sq on 80 and loaded tower on 160m. 10-20m Spiderbeam at 12m for multipliers and
7 beverages.

Upgrades this year included TIC Ring for the lower beam to have a stack for JA
and a bunch of hardware for SO2R. PG XL amp, AG 8 x 2 antenna switch, VA6AM
triplexer and 40m bandpass filter, and 2 x low power DX ENG ICE type filters.

Just a few QSOs with SO2R since picking up stations through splatter was hard
enough for me.

Compared to last year, the Flex radio behaved well, with no crashes. I make the
sound more punchy by cranking the mic gain to the max before distortions were
evident on a second radio.

10m was most fun, with 45% QSOs. 15m was good too. My remote QSO is plagued by
RFI from power lines, especially on 15 and 10m towards JA. I have located and
fixed some sources but not all, especially that many poles are on a private land
and hunting happens everyday. On Sunday evening rain fell silencing the noise,
and I had my long dreamed run of JAs(on 15m).