[3830] CQWW SSB WB0TEV SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 16:43:00 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 21:02

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   23    13       22
   40:   54    22       52
   20:   83    29       79
   15:   99    31       97
   10:   92    30       90
------------------------------
Total:  356   128      343  Total Score = 445,095

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

The purpose of contesting is to have fun.  Running hard for 30+ hours from the
USA didn't sound like fun but chasing and working mults appeals to the DX'er in
me.  So that's what I did.  With one exception, I believe every QSO I made was a
new mult.  The N1MM+ Available mults and Q's window is my friend.

Propagation was the best its been in years.  Nice to have 10m back full
throttle. Worked 121 different DXCC countries, 97 on 15m alone. Only zones
missed were 18,22 and 34.

Coolest QSO was probably with the Saudi "princess" Laila, HZ0YL
daughter of the late HZ1HZ, sheik Ahmad Zaidan who was the first Saudi ham,
licensed in 1949.  She had a great signal up on 28.796.

Most surprising QSO was catching BG0CAB in Zone 23 at 1326Z on 20m.  Usually
don't hear Asia on the high bands until my afternoon, but there he was.

Furthest DX was probably VK6IR (worked Steve on 40 and 20) at 10,591 miles, with
FR4KR a close second (worked them on 20/15/10) at 10,509 miles.

I recorded *most* of the QSO's (I forgot to start QSOrder at the start of a
couple sessions) and you can listen by going to the WB0TEV qrz.com page and
following the instructions there.

Oh, I do intend to run like a mad man in ARRL Phone SS. :-)

73,
Victor