[3830] CQWW SSB W1DYJ SO(A)SB80 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 17:25:16 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)SB80 LP
QTH: EMA

   80:  42     12       25
Total:  42     12       25  Total Score = 3,848

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was an interesting experiment!   Given that:
   * I'm still looking for AK on 80 for 5BWAS (actually 7BWAS)
   * My ears don't "enjoy" phone contests
   * My days were going to be very busy
I decided to do a single-band 80m only contest.  Little did I
know, although I should have guessed, that (based on 3830
stuff I've read) 10m was GREAT and 80m noisy.

Plus, I haven't made any improvements to my 75m dipole.  See
below to see how sub-optimal it is.  Who said that doing the
same thing and expecting different results is the definition
of crazy...

I did get up at 5 am local both days, with meager results.  AK
was spotted Sunday morning, but I could not hear them.  Sunday
evening from ~6-8 local saw a lot of knob twisting, but NO Qs.

I still had fun!

RIG: TS590SG
ALL S&P -- it took a lot of patience to be heard in the pileups
ANTENNA:
    160-trap-75 / 80-trap-40 / 30 triple-fan "dipole"  centered @
35'.
    The 160/75 runs Southwest-Northeast, with the NE portion twisting
    around the yard to fit it in.  (The ends are about 20' high.)
N3FJP's CQ WW DX Contest Log Ver 6.0.3

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ