[3830] CQWW SSB W3PP(@AA1K) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 20:20:53 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W3PP
Operator(s): AA1K N3TTT AB1P
Station: AA1K

Class: M/M HP
QTH: DE
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Remote Operation

  160:   16     9       10
   80:  122    18       56
   40:  171    25       75
   20: 1163    37      110
   15:  740    30      122
   10: 1295    29      120

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was our first try with part of the operation being done remotely, so for
simplicity we entered as multi/multi. Lots of gremlins made the remote operation
cumbersome and we have a list to work on this!

Great to have the high bands back at warp speed.

AA1K was at the home station with K3S and KPA1500, Second rig, FTDX101D with no
amp was mostly used for listening on other bands.

N3TTT was operating from his home 10 miles away, remoting in to his Icom 7610
(won at Dayton contest dinner) with KPA1500 amp.

AB1P joined part time with her FTDX10 and Alpha 8410 amp.

The new 100-ft tower that will hold a 4-stack for 10 meters and one of the 40m
2-elements in a broadside array is still a work in progress. The high 10m was
installed two days before the contest so we at least had that ready.

The antenna farm:

160: K3LR vertical array; Broadside-endfire vertical array
80: Broadside/endfire vertical array; dipole at 95 feet.
40: 3-el Eantenna yagi; Broadside array of two 2-el yagis
20: 5/5 M2 yagis; 4/4/4 HyGain yagis.
15: 7/7/7 stack of Force 12 Magnum yagis.
10: HyGain 105 modified to N6BV OWA design. One at 100 feet and other at 48 feet
(different towers)

Station details at www.aa1k.us