[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 1 23:21:10 EDT 2022

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 2

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .4
Remote Operation

   80:   3      2
   40:  10      8
   20:  10      8
   15:   0      0
Total:  23     18  Total Score = 414

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I wanted to get back on CW for the ladder. I started
getting ready about 15 minutes early, and not much was
working - so frustrating!  Finally I recalled that a
big REBOOT often solves problems. Sure enough, after
restarting I was able to finish setting up and get on
only 4 minutes late. Nothing on 15m, so on to 20m
which seemed fine as I gradually adjusted things. When
it was clear that people were leaving for 40m, I tried
to move and the bottom fell out, my mistake pressing
the wrong buttons. I connected up and got going again
on 40m for another dozen, and then bravely thought I
should try 80m for the last few minutes. Whew, the
move worked okay, and I worked a few Qs without any
further trouble.

So, I met my goal of getting on and making "any" Qs.
I hope to improve next week.

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

20m: GXP 3 element yagi at 72 feet
40m: GXP 2 element yagi at 72 feet