[3830] CWOpen NN5O LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Sep 3 00:37:39 EDT 2022

                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MS

   20:  100   100
Total:  143   124  Total Score = 17,732

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Surprised that I got to operate any at all in Session 1, but just thankful that
my wife was well enough (temporarily) that I could spend nearly 3 hours in this
session.  But, of course, my wife is a higher priority than anything on ham
radio!

Congratulations to all my compatriots in the Deep Dixie Contest Club (DDCC) who
made the effort to join one of our two teams and put forth a commendable result
in this first session of CWO.

[I had trouble with my Flex 6600M.  It's been turned off for at least 2 months,
so when I tried to get it going for CWO, I discovered that, for some reason, it
was "locked" in a MultiFlex mode such that no panadapter appeared on
the front panel screen.  Too, none of my usual controls on the front panel were
usable, because SmartSDR (CAT and DAX) were using the display on my computer
monitor.  I couldn't figure out (yet) how to get it back to "normal,"
so I just operated the contest from the computer monitor and my N1MM log and
accompanying windows were on Monitor 1.  That meant a lot of clicking back and
forth from monitor to monitor.  I'm not whining, because I was at least able to
operate some...I just couldn't be as nimble as I would desire.  That needs to be
fixed before I operate any more!

73,

Dr. Larry S. Anderson   NN5O
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M -- 100w into horizontal loopo up about 35' even though one corner has
fallen and lies on my roof.