[3830] CoQP K0XF SOCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 4 11:13:06 EDT 2022

                    Colorado QSO Party - 2022

Call: K0XF
Operator(s): K0XF
Station: K0XF

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: El Paso County

----------------------------
Total:  222     0       0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Dig Mults = 0  Total Score = 41,924

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

This was my first Colorado QSO Party after moving to Colorado last fall.  I was
looking forward to putting in a good effort on CW in my home state QSO party,
but I was very disappointed for a number of reasons.  Absolutely awful on CW to
have this contest the same day as the CW Ops Open Contest!  There was much more
activity in the CW Ops contest, so those stations either did not respond to my
CQ for the COQP (if they paid attention to my CQ) or they did not pay attention
to my CQ thinking that I was in the CW Ops contest and they called me – they
kept asking for a number (no number in COQP) or would get momentarily paralyzed
when I sent my COQP exchange and then they would just disappear.  So much
confusion and wasted time for both of us.  Conditions were also very poor, and I
found very little Colorado activity.  Running low power and wire antennas, it
was a struggle to make the contacts that I did.  I do not plan to operate this
contest in the future.