[3830] CWopsT N5AW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 7 10:20:04 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Sep 7

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: STX (EM00)
Operating Time (hrs): 0:59
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  121  Mults = 117  Total Score = 14,157

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Over a year ago, after breaking 100 Q's with QRP (just barely), I set a goal of
10K points. That turned out to be a lot harder than I thought and was not even
able to reach 100 Q's, much less 10K points. Well today that changed. It was a
magical morning. Had to check to make sure I wasn't running high power by
accident. Started off fairly well S&P on 40. When I went to 20 things got
better, and better, and better. Had one ten minute rate of 176. Ended up not
only breaking 10K but 14K! I'll have to admit though I feel a bit guilty
competing with most of the QRP folks (like W1UU and W4ER) who have modest
antennas when I have something close to "big gun" ones, at least on 20
and 15. So don't intend to do QRP much in the future but today was quite a
thrill.

K3s 4.9W and IC-705 4.2W (15m only)
40m NE-SW Dipole at 100', NW-SE Lazy H at 130'
20m 4 over 4 yagis fixed NE, single 4 el yagi fixed NW
15m 6 over 6 yagis