[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 7 14:52:44 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Sep 7

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  174  Mults = 174  Total Score = 30,276

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

43 WPM 7.030.2
Nice start. 30 QSOs in the first 8 minutes. Had a run for the first 17 minutes,
called CQ and multiple callers came back, but at 1319Z needed multiple CQs.
1308Z 30 QSOs
1320Z 72 QSOs
1325Z 91 QSOs  K4RO who was spotted calling CQ was the first guy to find me
1329Z 104 QSOs.  Probably the shortest time to reach 100 QSOs. Generally is it
10 minutes later.
1330Z 107 QSOs !!
At 1333Z CQing a lot and slowing down.  Lost a few QSOs from weak guys calling
me and I actually was working someone else.
W4MSL is CWA and worked me at 43 WPM.
Still lots of guys on the band calling CQ, so started S&P at 1338. This is a
bit too early, but rate is slowing.
1345Z 150 QSOs.   At 1349 ran out of guys. S&P, called CQ, but the rate
really dropped.  Pac NW was weak.  Some W6 were strong, others weak.  New
England weak,

I used up about 2500 ft of wire for radials and still need lots for 160, 40, 60
verticals.  Found the clamps I needed to mount the vertical poles on 4X6 posts
for the 40 meter 4 square at Lowe's. I now have $35 invested in the project!
(one roll of about 1000 ft of wire from years ago was labeled $10). I had a nice
visit from KE9UA who dropped off a Green Heron RT21 V4 (blue screen, black
body)I can use it for a T2X or ProSisTel. I appreciate how he scouts out for
things I am looking for to build the station.

Ordered refurbished EHUs and sweep kits from SteppIR. What a horrible company. I
had already bought it new, sent in EHUs for refurbishment, bought sweeps and
plastic blocks and it still does not work on 40.