[3830] CWopsT K5AX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 7 16:12:34 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Sep 7

Call: K5AX
Operator(s): K5AX
Station: K5AX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SE TX

Total:  120  Mults = 115  Total Score = 13,800

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for the Qs. Observations. I have been wanting to try starting off 1900
running 15M, so today I tried it. At first my rate was fairly steady for 10
minutes, the 5 mins of nothing. I looked at band map for a clear spot,  did 2
QRL? and Ran with another 5 minutes of faily steady for 5 minutes, then nothing
for 5 mins. One move QSY that produced about 10 more QSOs then nothing. It was
like on 15M I could hear stations at S-2 and anything below S-2 I could not copy
not even one letter of their callsigns, but I could tell someone was responding.
AT 1940-ish I moved to 20M. 20M sounded great. I should have not wasted my time
starting off on 15M. I worked 68 stations in about 15 mins, which isn't that
bad. Then S&P a couple minutes.  I wish I had a crystal ball that gave me
propagation advice. HI. IT'S All IN FUN!

k3 kw TA-33m rotary dipole SAL-30 RX Array....