[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 00:24:34 EDT 2022

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brooksville, FL

   80:   78       1
   40:  132    1:45
   20:  136    1:15
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

IC7300/AL1200, 2 band changes.

Spiderbeam at 54ft, 40m and 80m wire verticals.

First contest from my QTH in Florida - antennas will all be temporary for a
couple years until the house is built.  I felt loud on 20 and somewhat
surprisingly 80 since I only have about 30 radials under that vertical.  I got
smacked around a bit on 40m - I think a horizontal antenna up 50 or 60ft may
work better than a vertical for this contest.

This QTH is much more rural than my place in AL and is much quieter aside from
atmospheric noise and summertime static crashes.

I hung around too long on 40m - chasing a mult up the band that I eventually
worked (NM).  I ended up leaving some QSOs on the table on 80.

73, Dave N2NL