[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 14:26:55 EDT 2022

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   80:   95     1.5
   40:  119       4
   20:  115     2.5
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Texas Tornados

Comments:

Very good band conditions,and very low local line noise. No excuses on that end.
However my wife's health made this a last-minute decision. Fortunately, it all
went well however I had one brief break in the middle to check on her. All was
good.

Twenty meters was terrific the whole time. As in recent early autumn Sprints,
forty meters started great, got mushy and weird, and then cleaned up late with
great conditions. Later in the contest, I tried interleaving CQs with mainly
working on 80 and got a few unexpected answers on 40, including one or two new
number mults. (Did the same thing earlier with mainly on 40 and free CQs on
twenty.) Eighty meters was suburb the last hour, but perhaps I should have gone
there earlier. Speaking of mults, I did the summary manually to pick up the two
DX entities, and cleaned up the VE1 and VO2. All in all, never heard the KL7 and
missed the TI station several times when timing was wrong or got beat out.
Picked up a NE and one other one late, with low numbers. Hope my Mult number is
valid. Whew!

It's amazing that so many super ops in the Sprint never show up for the Thursday
night NCCC events. For me, the NCCCs are great muscle memory practice. But the
supers apparently are ready to roll on a moment's notice! All in all, personal
note, lots of things happening here with the aging process, and it's getting
harder and harder to place in the top-ten with my favorite contest.

Thanks for another great evening. I had to miss my Virginia Tech Hokies win over
BC but taped it.

73, and thanks for all the Texas Tornados and Texas Lady Barb for the team
participation. It helps everyone.

Jim N3BB