[3830] NA Sprint CW KD7HU LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 14:48:00 EDT 2022

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KD7HU
Operator(s): KD7HU
Station: KD7HU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT

   80:
   40:  47        2
   20:  36     1.25
---------------------
Total:  83     Mults = 28  Total Score = 2,324

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Team:

Comments:

FTDX101MP 100w  20/40 only. Wire antennas.

I still find this the most challenging contest I enter.  Last year I could not
keep up and quit.  This year I hung in there, though I found out that my early
attempts at qso's were impeded by the fact I had inadvertently decreased my
power output to 5w.  No wonder I was being squashed when I inherited a
frequency! I turned things up and qso's were easier and I could hold a
frequency.
N1MM made this easier for me this year.  I did not use it last year.  However, I
still need to do a better job optimizing it for the contest. I learned some
better strategies for "jump balls." I need an 80m ant if I am to have
any chance of getting more multipliers.