[3830] WAE SSB W3MAM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 19:35:00 EDT 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W3MAM
Operator(s): W3MAM
Station: W3MAM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM18

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   20     0    36
   20:   79    85    46
   15:   29    25    24
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  128   110   106  Total Score = 25,228

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I popped in and out of this one over 3 days. Too many chores and home
improvements projects kept me away from the shack.

A 1.5 hours BIC stretch on Sunday afternoon was my longest period of continuous
contesting. While I participated in last year's WAE, I did not exchange QTC,as I
just did not understand what it was and what to do with it. Since then,I learned
and was ready for this one. Sending QTC, for me, is good practice for speaking
clearly and enunciating, as I normally have a lazy, southern sound! Most QSO's
were logged by S & P'ing, with a short run on Sunday evening (20m) which
offered me the opportunity to handle pile ups. Having broken the ice with
handling QTC traffic, I look forward to spending more time in the chair for next
year's test.

73 Dave W3MAM
Icom 7300
Force 12 C3SS Tribander at 50 ft