[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 20:32:51 EDT 2022

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: GOOD GUYS

Comments:

I wasn't sure how long I'd hang out in this one - I was facing an early morning
wakeup to drive 2 1/2 hours to the Findlay Hamfest, where I had a lot of stuff
to sell, largely from the AC8E estate. I did get there and had a successful
day.

20 was remarkably good, and after getting 100+ QSOs there I QSYd to 40, with
another 100+. So I decided to try for the two band change category, and to make
100 QSOs on all three bands, which I have never done before. I succeeded, though
80 was like pulling teeth to get there.

Missed multipliers included ME, VT, WV, UT, SD, ND, AK. Got only VE3,5,9 and VO2
in Canada, and KP2 and TI outside the USA.

Sounds like I'll have trouble winning Florida in February with N2NL now down
there!

73  -  Jim  K8MR