[3830] WAE SSB W4WWQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 12 00:01:22 EDT 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W4WWQ
Operator(s): W4WWQ
Station: W4WWQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

   20:  40     0     32
   15:   1     0      2
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  41     0     34  Total Score = 1,368

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Murphy rode with me for a few hours . . .
First noticed that the StepIR was not tracking the K3 frequency. Thinking I
could operate in manual mode I discovered N1MM would not show frequency either.
The K3 Utility wouldn't talk either. BUT the P3 and KPA500 was aware of the VFO
frequency.  Tore the whole station apart, RS232 A-B switch ripped out, Microham
interface removed, PIG Knob removed, All cables to PC removed. Then adding only
one RS232 device at a time I was able to get the K3, P3, KPA500 working, but it
was 1AM Saturday.  Sunday morning I quickly added the MicroHam USB III, StepIR.
But N1MM+ was having fits.  If I set the port it worked, but if the RS232 was
interrupted while adding another series device, the N1MM required the port to be
set to the same thing again before working.  OK, now it was time for a little
VHF contest and try WAE later.  Couldn't get WSJT to Transmit. Kept screwing
around and after an embarrassing amount of time found the K3 LINE IN set to
zero.    I have no idea how so much stuff got changed just because I was on
vacation for 2 weeks with power off and antennas disconnected.  So far I have
operated FT8 and SSB.  I dread when it is time for RTTY because it will wipe out
 anything set for FT8.  I need a 2nd station specific for FT8 I guess.
Oh, about the contest, I didn't think of it.  I could have mowed grass in the
rain for more fun.