[3830] WAE SSB OM7M(IT9RGY) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 13 15:41:57 EDT 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: OM7M
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: OM7M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   36    27    24
   40:  368   207    49
   20:  688   567    86
   15:  497   666    88
   10:   97   255    32
-------------------------
Total: 1686  1722   655  Total Score = 2,232,240

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

What a nice feeling to be back OM-land!
First of all thanks to OM7M team, a team that opened me their door back in 2015
and since then we've always been in touch like true friends!
This time everything was possible thanks to OM5ZW, OM2KI, OM5RW, OM4AZF. Thanks
guys!

The contest started a bit slower than i planned. Maybe i started too early to
look for QTC but the pileups were not as expected anyway. E7DX meanwhile was
playing on another planet :)
First 24h were quite smooth having about 5.5 off time, then I decided to sleep
1.5h: bad decision! Somehow I don't even recall I shout down 3 alarms and I woke
up, likely, after 4hrs.
I've missed the sunrise and so about 35-40 mults, +1hr not needed as time OFF.
Everything was lost.
Luckily I managed to be back on track and after some hour i was there to play
with Laci OM2VL with an intense switch between us to took the second spot.
Eventually the check of logs will say who won in Slovakia!
It was amazing thanks to OM2VL, E7DX and others who joined on live score.

Highlights:
- XT2AW on 10m, huge pileup. After 25min He get my call and say "from OM7M
on I listen 5up, so reply there". Unfortunately It was the first time using
the FT101D and I really wasn't able to get how move to split. I had to swap the
radios and so managed to call with the FT5000. The guy said "i was waiting
for you before..." and then we had a qso laughing a lot on what happened.
He even proposed the QSY on 15 and 20m, so 3 valuable mults at the end!
- HC1JQ on 20m replying my CQ in the night. Managed to QSY on 15 and 10m with a
solid 59!
- NP4Z fresh meat at the end, went on his freq and E7DX was already getting the
QTCs. QSO with me just after and then i waited him to complete 10qso to get my
QTC as well!

So thanks everyone for calling in and especially who sent QTCs!
73 de Gabry IT9RGY @ OM7M