[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6ZE/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 14 01:11:29 EDT 2022

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: N6ZE/R
Operator(s): N6ZE/R
Station: N6ZE

Class: Rover LP
QTH: DM04

    6:   22     4
    2:   36     5
  222:   16     4
  432:   29     4
  903:    3     2
  1.2:    4     2
  2.3:    0     0
  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    0     0
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  110    22  Total Score = 3,718

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

A few hours of operating relatively unsophisticated gear in 3 poor locations and
1 good location yielded pretty good results for me!

>From my one good location in the Santa Monica Mts, I operated Low Power SSB on
6m, 2m, & 70 cm with mag mount vertical antennas; for 135cm, I operated Low
Power on FM only with a mag mount vertical antenna. For the 33cm & 23cm
bands, I operated QRP with stock ALINCO handhelds with ALINCO supplied whips

>From my 3 Conejo Valley locations, I used the gear described above, but I also
operated SOTA style with only the ALINCO handhelds from Tarantula Hill in
Thousand Oaks, a walkup trail which has obscuring mountain ranges in most
directions.

I did manage QSOs with a number of operators who belong to the 4 Ventura County
radio clubs. I do hope that some of them will take the plunge and participate in
future VHF/UHF events.