[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3WY Single Op-All Modes HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 15 10:17:36 EDT 2022

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: VE3WY
Operator(s): VE3WY
Station: VE3WY

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: FN04ae
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  197    93  Total Score = 18,321

Club: Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

With no Es or enhanced tropo, I had to work for just about all the contacts.
One strange thing happened at 10:00pm local time where both 6m and2m went dead
with no signals.  I thought for a moment that I had misread the rules and the
contest was over an hour earlier than I thought it was, but about 30 seconds
later, both bands were hopping again.  What are the odds of that happening?  Any
math guys out there?
   Nice to work some new local calls but 50W on 2m FM into a 4-element Yagi does
not cut it.