[3830] ARRL Sep VHF AJ6T Single Op-All Modes HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 15 14:37:55 EDT 2022

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: Tennessee

  432:    8     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  139    94  Total Score = 15,228

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

To try to compensate for my very modest antenna farm (Yagis on push-up poles) I
decided to improve my situational awareness by setting up four dedicated
full-time rigs each with its own standalone copy of WSJT-X.  That allowed me to
see almost all of the digital activity all the time on four bands, and made for
instant band changing.  As expected, most of the action was on the digital
modes, but I did manage to make a handful of SSB QSOs too.  The MSK144 6 meter
meteor scatter operation on Saturday evening was very productive netting 11 new
grids.  I do miss the days of SSB and CW meteor scatter in VHF contests since it
is so exciting  to ride the bursts of propagation.  The next improvement will be
better station integration, especially on the software side.

Contest: ARRLVHFSEP
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  FT8     50      50   26   1.0
    50  MSK1    12      12   11   1.0