[3830] IaQP N8II SO Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 19 15:23:17 EDT 2022

                    Iowa QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: WV

   40:    9      3
   20:    9     12
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   18     15      0  Mults = 19  Total Score = 950

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It is disappointing that IA hams do not support their QP better. Once the WAQP
started, 20M was so crowded that very few IA ops were found. I don't think N0AC
operating WI0WA/R was able to stick to his plan of operating on the 8's as I
found him once around 14041. I last heard him on 20 CW at 1501Z, never heard
again on 20, but I was on 40 for long stretches after 16Z working the NJQP. 4
QP's was bad enough, then TXQP decided to change over to this busy weekend, a
bad decision in my opinion. When I found an IA station I always worked it, but I
didn't actively chase them down after 16Z.

FYI, I had the high out of state score last year and mention was made on my
printable certificate of 15th place overall (including all ops). You can't
compare apples and oranges, in state ops can work everyone for Q's and mults,
whereas out of state must work IA only. So, please don't compare in state scores
to out of state, it is meaningless.

73, Jeff