[3830] 144FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 19 23:00:02 EDT 2022

                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

Operated the first hour of the sprint with no issues, began hearing lightning
static crashes on the receiver, then saw rain on the windshield, then saw my
first lightning flash at 8:45 and had to shut down the operation.  Got home and
no sooner did I close the front door then here comes the downpour.  I made a
good choice using the permanent rooftop loop instead of a bigger stop-n-shoot
antenna that would have taken time to disassemble.