[3830] CQ WW RTTY VO2AC SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 25 20:30:04 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: VO2AC
Operator(s): VO2AC
Station: VO2AC

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Remote Operation

   80:   26        9     12     5
   40:  246       36     34     9
   20:  205       38     29    10
   15:  102       23     23    11
   10:    6        5      1     2
-----------------------------------
Total:  585      111     99    37  Total Score = 334,191

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Remote: TS-590, KPA500, HF9V, 40m Inverted-V, MA5B

Well, I found out where the band edges are for being picked up the RTTY RBN
skimmers :=)  40m, 20m, and 15m were so crowded at times that I was so high up
in the band that I wasn't getting spotted.  Lots of unanswered CQs.

My HF9V is tuned for the CW part of 80m.  I use relays to tune it at ~3.6MHz and
~3.7MHz.  The KPA would trip on high SWR even with the KAT500 in line.  When I
took the amp out of line and ran with 100W, no one could hear me and I wasn't
picked up by the RBN skimmers.  Most of the 80m QSOs were using the
KPA500/KAT500 and the low (~15ft) 40m Inverted-V.  Don't expect many more QSOs
than that on 80m in the SSB leg.

Similarly, I was never picked up by  the RBN skimmers on 10m and none of the
stations I worked spotted me (as far as I can tell).  I was asked to QSY from
15m to 10m but it didn't work out.

Other activities prevented me from putting in more time.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73.

Chris VO2AC / VE3FU