[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Academy Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 29 04:30:06 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Sep 29

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Academy Single Op QRP
QTH:

Total:   1  Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

First time to participate in the CWT from Oahu! I operated from my car at Ala
Moana beach park with a hustler antenna stacked on top.

I had a terrifying experience in the park. This one guy kept trying to talk to
me (kept interrupting me), kept hanging around my car, just wouldn't go away.
He seemed kind of not completely there, and wanted me to help him somehow with
my radio (??). He was on a bike, kept circling my car.  I wasn't sure what to do
- so I rolled up the windows, locked the doors, and tried my best to operate
anyways.  It worked, but I was really not in a good calm frame of mind to head
copy. It sucked.

Out of all my times to be in parks, often at night, this was the first really
frightening experience, and it happened when the park was full of people, in
full daylight. Scary.

Anyways, I made it out ok, and I'm not sure what I would do differently. Eeek.

I did manage a contact, with NH6O, and I noticed he has a CWOps number now!
Congrats :-)