[3830] CQ160 CW OM7K(OM7RU) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 2 00:59:59 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: OM7K
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 29:42

Total:  QSOs = 1027  State/Prov = 24  Countries = 63  Total Score = 488,157

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

The first using of phased RX verticals in real contest, but...

I spent weeks before the contest by constructing of 5 circle RX verticals
(VE6WZ/W1FV concept). Electric part has made and optimised and excellently tuned
by Bel, OM8AW (antenna guru of OM0M). Verticals provide outstanding performance,
both, back and side signals are extremely suppressed. There was no exception of
suppression of S8 signal to S0! So, I was looking forward to the live test in
the contest.
It lasted 2,5 hour, then silent, but from all directions. One improper PTT
sequencer setting caused short, but fatal peak towards preamps. Two out of 6
burned... Fortunately I have still K9AY in the air.

Conditions looked fine at the beginning, first night of good opening to NA. More
or less, but opened since midnight. But no opened east directions on Saturday
evening. Second night was worse, only cca 2 hours of NA opening on morning and
in addition weaker than day before. 69 W/VE in total. Fortunately, I was on the
right place in right time on Sunday evening. Eastern opening brought 14 JAs.

It looks like less number of both, participants and mults. Miles far from 2020.
Probably combination of influences - conditions, Corona, Putin's war...

One appeal to Assisted guys: do not believe in infallibility of cluster spots.
One bad spot (OK7K) brought me dupe storm and penalty for counter stations.
Believe, but check.

Final result: good relax, big adventure, a lot of new things learned.
Thanks to all TopBand fans!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 OM Power 3500A
 microHAMs: MK2R+, Station Master, doubleTEN
 OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 Half Sloper, 5-circle RX verticals, K9AY loops

73!
Riki, OM7RU/OM7K
www.tucek.sk/om7ru