[3830] CQ160 CW NA8V Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Feb 3 10:08:59 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: mi
Operating Time (hrs): ~23
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1285  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 55  Total Score = 546,581

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Terrible start.  Rates weren't as good as in past years and my inband setup
broke in the first hour. took 40min to figure out and fix.  Interesting
conditions.  Signals seemed down.  First night, Eu stns were weak and very
little up north.  Second day signals were a bit stronger overall and quite a few
northern Eu.  Best Eu rates were 04-07z second night, total count split fairly
evenly both nights.  I'm sure several the first night were working someone else
I couldn't hear on my freq.

Had 93 dupes, no idea why, seems excessive.  Started getting them ~2hrs in.

Ended up w/ 251 at 10pts and 73 at 5pts.

Lots of frustration, comes with the territory, but overall a great weekend.

greg/na8v