[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 09:26:12 EST 2023

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 4
OpMode: SO2R

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Great conditions this time - no warbly signals.  Had some concerns about
activity going in -- with all the ice and weather and other stuff going on,
contest and DX-wise, I thought Sprint would be overlooked.  I was wrong.
Activity, particularly from W6, was great.

Thanks to N2NT for writing me an email a while back about how to set up the
Sprint logic in DXLog.  I just blow the dust off that email and do what it says,
and, presto, a source of old angst is removed.  The software can work for
Sprint, even though it is not as nice as TR Log for this contest.

Thanks also to N0AX for getting all of these multipliers on!  Working VY1 in the
Sprint?  I am dreaming, right?  I worked every mult I heard - its funny what you
hear as you tune by in this contest, before you actually have a chance to work
it.  The last one to fall was ZF1A who I simply could not line up with on 80,
but then I managed to snag in the last 10 minutes.

Speaking of 80, it was very good in the last hour here.  It started with just a
narrow band of signals on the scope, but I was getting answers on the second
half of the couplets and it was very productive.