[3830] NA Sprint CW KF6NCX LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 14:49:26 EST 2023

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:   4       .3
   40:  11      .75
   20:  21     1.25
---------------------
Total:  36     Mults = 24  Total Score = 864

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs!  This was fun and challenging. I'm still very much a newbie
when it comes to sprints. Before the contest, I read a couple of articles,
including some advice for beginners.  It was helpful, but in the end, I had to
just practice "catch-as-catch-can" and try my best.  Sorry for
occasional screwups. The advice for beginners was to call CQ at the higher or
lower end of where the action was happening.  I made a few contacts that way,
but found I had more success doing S&P.

The high speeds and long exchange gave me ample opportunity to practice asking
for fills and QRS.  Most guys slowed down for me.

There were some nice payoffs in addition to the sprint being fun.  I got to work
at least a couple of top cw operators in the country and my final qso, on 80
meters, was with the amazing K3LR station.  I look forward to doing more
sprints.  73, Larry