[3830] MnQP N8II Single OpMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 21:03:04 EST 2023

                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9:00

  160:       0        0
   80:      15        1
   40:      54       18
   20:      78       64
   15:      10       15
   10:       0        0
-------------------------
Total:     157       98  Mults = 68  Total Score = 34,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions were considerably better than last year, even on the low bands.
There still was almost a total fade out around 19-20Z on 40. Some of the mobiles
stayed on 40, making chasing the mults difficult. Pat, K0PC favored 40. Luckily
I worked his often very weak signal (and he heard my very weak signal) there
through most of the day once missing him in 2 counties in a row due to other
callers and me being quite weak. The BCQP was a distraction; I have trouble
going off task when the QSO rate and new mults come slowly. About 35 BCQP Q's
were logged during MNQP, mostly while searching for MN. I also never heard
W9FZ/M on SSB until their last county missing 2-3 mults. I felt pretty loud on
20. AE0EE/M heard me on first call many times, great op! He reports working me
in 19 counties with 23 Q's. Running on 20 SSB helped me with maybe 20-25 Q's,
the rest were S&P on 20. 15M could have produced many more Q's; there was a
fade out of southern MN around 1900-2100Z right about the time more MN ops went
there for more Q's after working out 20. But the band was open well from around
1530-1900Z and again after 2100Z with very limited activity. Thanks to Pat K0PC,
Jon W0ZQ, and and Neo N0EO for roaming around the entire QP or close to it. Also
made a few Q's with K0RC/M on CW and K0M/M on SSB. Last year 80 didn't really
open until 2345Z; this year arriving at 2337Z was late as signals were already
coming through well.

Many thanks for all of the calls, Q's and mults. It is not quite the same
without N0HJZ/M, but Rich may do a mobile operation next year.

73, Jeff