[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 8 16:00:24 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Feb 8

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  163  Mults = 163  Total Score = 26,569

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Guys are on 15 and 10.  With the SteppIR I can not get on two bands at once.  I
am  planning for another tower and tribander and have the triplexers in the
garage.  I think some of the activity on 20 is diluted as a result of the other
bands.

Short skip on 20: MI, OH, TN, PA, MO, CO, MN are strong.  Few W7 and New
England.

Good start.
1908Z 30 QSOs
1922Z 68 QSOs
1927Z 86 QSOs.  Lots of spots on 15.
1932Z 99 QSOs, but slowing
1941Z 120 QSOs
1945Z 132 QSOs
S&P at 1954Z, but slow and not many more to work.  I S&P about  2
minutes too early because I ran out of people.

Worked 3Y0J on 17 long path CW.

The SteppIR was pretty effective, but fixed quick change antennas are best and
bidirectional might have helped find a few more out west.
SteppIR SWR
FWD 1.12
180 degrees 1.57
BI 1.67

Rain and wind expected for tomorrow. Cloudy now, so it might be noisy tonight.
It will be interesting to see if the SteppIR works on 40 but I have a bad coax
connector to the garage, so can't make a quick change to the 80 meter 4 square.